The 2001 Juggalo Gathering ended in a riot on Sunday, July 15, 2001 at the Seagate Center in Toledo. The Insane Clown Posse, final act of the convention, had just taken the stage. After the fourth song, Violent J yelled at security to take down the barrier keeping the juggalos 5 feet away from the stage. This proved fatal for their performance, as the juggalos quickly broke through security and got on-stage. By the end of the 5th song, Violent J had fallen off the stage, landing on his broken ribs.

The juggalos (slang term for fans of Insane Clown Posse and/or Twiztid, as well as other acts on the label Psychopathic Records) on the sides of the stage discovered the Faygo stash... box upon box of Diet Root Beer 2-liters. They raided the stash and sprayed all that they could.

Meanwhile, near the middle of the crowd, the juggalos overwhelmed the sound booth, destroying equipment left and right.

And this was just the beginning of it...

Upon learning that the concert was over, without ICP announcing the name of their next album, the sixth Joker's Card, many juggalos became furious and started destroying things and vandalizing the town. Police in full riot gear were deployed to try to keep things calm. Tear gas was used. Juggalos in the streets attacked cars.. the police sealed off the area.

I guess the good thing is that nobody got shot or beat down by the police.

I was there.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.