Today, I have a tale that will make you cringe in abject horror. It is the tale of the

Creepy Lotto Guy!

So, I'm hanging out with my friend from Clark, when her roomate decides to go to bed. Rather than hang around Clark, we hopped in my car and drove to Webster Square Plaza (in Worcester) and parked there. We were just chatting when all of a sudden, this skeezy guy pulls up in a beat up car with his windows rolled down.

He leans over and says, "Hey, I'm sure you two want to be alone (we're just friends, she's dating one of my buddies, but that's largely irrelevant) but, see, I have this problem..."

I become wary, but am mildly curious. "Oh?" I reply.

"Yeah, see, I just put my last $2 in my car, and see, the lottery machines close at 11pm and they don't turn them on until 6am the next morning..."

I look at my car's clock. It's 3:40am. "Uh... okay, and..?"

"Well, I dunno, do either of you guys have any cash? I have like $30 in winning scratch tickets, I'll sell them to you for, oh, I dunno... $20?"

"No, sorry, man, I'm broke.. all I have is loose change.."

And then he turns his car off, gets out, and walks over to my window. I lock the doors, and he leans in, the cigarette butt hanging out of his mouth stinging my nose. "See, right here, you just have to beat your opponent's score, 118-99.. that's a winner, right on down the line like that.. you sure you can't do anything with these?"

"Yeah, man, sorry...."

He gets back in his car and leans over again. "Are you kids stranded here or something?"

"Nope." I start my car and peel out of the parking lot. We pull up to the light at Park and Main... and HE pulls up on the other street at the SAME light. So we book it down to Walgreen's (a pharmacy) which is open 24/7, figuring that a place with some actual customers will be slightly less sketchy than a deserted parking lot. I pull into a space, and turn off my car, and we're not there 2 minutes before some lady pulls up in a space a few cars over from us. She gets out and heads for the store when the SAME SKEEZY GUY pulls up beside her! We turn on the car again and turn onto Park Avenue, just about at the same time the lady has finished telling him off. He pulls out behind us, and by this time, my Clark-friend and I are just about scared witless.

I step on the gas and we cruise through downtown Worcester at about 75, figuring that if a cop pulls us over, at least we'll be safe, and we can tell him our scary story. We get on the highway and book it to my apartment, lock the door and breath a sigh of relief.

What a freak!