When the subject Knights is brought up, most people instantly think of brave, chivalrous men mounted upon gracious steeds always rushing off to help a poor, helpless maiden.

In truth, most Knights were anything but this in the Dark Ages when they were most common. Of course there were the occasional few who were very different from the pack and were chivalrous, but for most cases chivalry ended at the beginning of the Dark Ages, and did not re-appear till the Middle Ages.

Knights were brutish men who more often than not would rather rape and kill an innocent women (as long as she was good looking of course), than to let her be. They certainly did not rush off to save them, but could perhaps rush off to join in the fun of tormenting them. One fact which we all relate to Knights with is true though, they all had gracious steeds which cost a fair penny. The Knights themselves, though, had no love of their horse. Some tales have been told of Knights cutting of the head of their horse and sending it to the stable master they bought it from only because they had fallen from their horse while riding or in battle.

Knights often owned their own Castles and hence owned their own territories and towns. They were no less ruthless with their subjugates than they were with an enemy on the battlefield. If you displeased a Knight in his castle you would not have your life for long, and if you were female, regardless of your age, you would not have your virginity for long (though for some knights it would have been the males in place of the females).

Knights also tended to be quite a queer lot, especially by modern standards. They committed quite disgusting and gruesome acts, ranging from making necklaces of the eyes of their opponents, to bestiality.

All in all, back in the Dark Ages, the Knights were not a pleasant lot, and they were always avoided at all costs (most anyhow).