On a much lighter note, Original Sin is the title of Pandora's Box's first (and only) album.

The title reflect's Jim Steinman's whimsical nature and shocking sense of bluntness. The album itself is really good, although it's only available in the UK, since the label did an appallingly bad job marketing it, and utterly refused to sell it in the US.

Arguably, this is what doomed Pandora's Box, since the album sales in England were not all that great (the album catering to a less refined American taste and all), and although Steinman's music sold like hotcakes in America (Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell was the single best selling album until Michael Jackson's Thriller came out), the music didn't make it across the Pond until it hit the second-hand market.

Unsurprisingly, the song Original Sin is the title track on the album. It's also the third track on Meat Loaf's Welcome to the Neighborhood, and the contrast between the four female leads on the original and Meat Loaf on the cover version is ... interesting. It's hard to tell which I like more.

I've been searching for an original sin.
One with a twist and a bit of a spin.
And since I done all the old ones
'Til they've all been done in,
I'm endlessly searching
For an original sin...