Of the many cities I have lived in, Sydney, Australia is my favorite. It is the cleanest, most friendly city I have resided in. Syndey is located in New South Wales, and is the largest city in Australia with a population of around 5 million and increasing. It is also the only place I've been in where it is summer during Christmas.

Anyways, I'll just provide a few pointers on what's interesting there (yes, even after all that time I still remember everything, I love that city):

Fellow Sydneysiders: Add whatever you felt I missed out.

Syndney Opera House
This is obvious. It must be seen to be believed. The most graceful building I have seen. The inside is pretty good too. Has plenty of good shows.

The Rocks and Circular Quay
The Rocks was Sydney's first European settlement. It offers cafes and excellent shops, as well as good food, and the Sunday market. Circular Quay is Sydney's main harbor, and is a very nice place to spend an afternoon. Lots of performers, shops, food, etc.

Central Business District
Shopping district. Very glitzy. I liked the restored historical buildings.

Kings' Cross
In a word, nightlife. Location of the annual Mardi Gras.

Ed note: The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is actually held a few clicks south of King’s Cross, running from Hyde Park, up to Oxford St Darlinghurst. However, the inaugural (and violent) event was indeed held in King’s Cross.

Bondi Beach
Sydney's most famous beach. Excellent surf. Good cafes. Also provides a very good workout for the eyes, if you know what I mean.... ;)

Randwick and Coogee
THIS IS WHERE I LIVE!!!! Actually I live in a suburb called Maroubra, very nice neighborhood. Randwick is the site of the horseraces. Coogee is a beach and shopping district.

Manly
Very rich area. More beaches. More food. Enuf' said. You see why I like Sydney?

Homebush Bay
SIte of the Sydney 2000 Olympics. Around 20 km west of downtown. Has been renovated, it is now a very picturesque area.

Darling Harbor
Darling Harbour has lots of shops and food, but it also the venue for all kinds of entertainment with street theatre performers and groups of musicians busking around Cockle Bay. Darling Harbour`s attractions include museums, amusement parks, the Panasonic IMAX Theatre and Sega World. I love games.

Flea Market (Paddy's Market)
Go there. Chances are you will find many many great deals. Also next to the a lot of museums downtown. Good stuff.