I'v been having the typical "early-summer-vacation-school-anxiety-dreams" lately. Last night was no exception.

I'm in school and struggling with math because my teacher is a certified idiot. (This is true in real life, too). I hire a math tutor to help me pull up my grade so I can get into a better college. (Again, this is like real life). Here's where the dream got weird:

I'm at my tutor's house studying, and we're talking about how much I hate my math teacher and what an idiot she is. Suddenly, my tutor rips off a mask to reveal that she had been my math teacher all along!!! She is quite pissed about all the things I've said about her. The whole time I'm trying to deny that I said any of that, and I'm pretty hysterical. She is unimpressed, and she me based on my lack of respect for her. Eerie stuff.

After waking up in a cold sweat, I realized that these types of dreams happen to me every year. I figure i just need some time to "decompress." These dreams are not nearly as pleasant as the day I bought my new guitar and I had a great dream about my friends Aaron and Jackie and I cruising around in a convertable having a good time. I took this to be a good omen and named my guitar "Jackie."

I don't know why, but for as long as I can remember, every time I make a major purchase and leave the item in my room, I have strange dreams. Another example is when I was nine and I bought a Game Gear (remember those from back in the day?) I had a really bizarre dream that I can't remember. But I do remember that I made this observation the day after that dream. My creative, elementary-school, over-active imagination rationalized that "the spirit of the new item was restless." Isn't that funny? Of course then again, I used to lie in bed and try to get the Chapstick from my dresser using The Force.