Scenes and shots the movie would have been better without.

1. When William wakes up as a little boy. The acting is quite poor but might give you a good laugh.

2. The two lovers (William & Murron) riding on a horse in slow motion. This scene gives the viewer a distorted impression that Braveheart is a cheesy romantic nonsense movie. Another scene that adds to this impression is when William is 'wheeling' on the horse, outside Murrons hut, for just a little too long time.

3. At the end of the Stirling Battle there is some quite lousy acting in the background to the upper-right. It looks like the soldier is petting his enemy with pole. The Stirling Battle contains another hilarious shot. If you look carefully at the horsemen when the archers walk past the horses, you´ll see a soldier who looks like he dressed in a real hurry.

The great standard of the rest of the scenes and shots and the overall impression this movie gives makes the blunders, mentioned above, very easy to forgive.

Braveheart is quite a good movie for a Christian to be inspired in his/her faith. Think about William Wallace as Jesus and Robert Bruce as Peter. Even without this comparision the movie contains some incredible symbolism that can be directly mirrored in Christian theology. Reflect theese words for example: "I want to believe, like he does", "Unite us, unite the clans", "the enemy will come back", "Men don´t follow titels, they follow courage", "My hate dies with you", "Freeeedom". By the way, I love this movie.