The voice of British business.

The Confederation of British Industry or CBI was founded in 1965 as a result of a merger bwtween the Federation of British Industry, the National Association of British Manufacturers, and the Union of British Employers, and is a non-profit making, non-party political organisation funded by the subscriptions paid by its members.It now represents some 250,000 British companies encompassing every industry sector and from every region of the United Kingdom. Over 90% of the constituent companies of the FTSE100 and 70% of the FTSE350 are members which means that it is widely recognised as the United Kingdom's premier independent business organisation.

The CBI's main objective is to help create and sustain the conditions in which business in the United Kingdom can compete and prosper, which means that it is engaged in lobbying the British Government and the European Commission amongst others. putting forward the business case on the issues of the day.

The CBI is perhaps best known for its range of highly respected business surveys which are widely quoted in the media and used by analysts and government as indicators of the health of the British economy the most prominent of which are Economic and Business Outlook Survey, the Industrial Trends Survey, the Retail and Wholesale Distributive Trades Survey and the Pay Databank Survey.

And yes it is the "Confederation of British Industry" not "Industries" see http://www.cbi.org.uk/home.html