Regarding e2 politics:

ukyoCE makes some good points about things some editors and gods do. The way I see it, most of them work hard to keep the nodegel clean. It must be quite a job to read every wu with an eye out for trolls, nonsense, or crap.

Still.

If there's one thing I've seen it's that if you make a "funny" wu that is not funny to others, it will be mercilessly downvoted and then nuked. This rarely applies to editors and gods, however. Truth be told, some of their stuff is rather funny and deserves to stay. On the other hand, some of the stuff is inside jokes that make no sense unless you are an M-Noder remembering the good ol' days of E1. These are not nodes for the ages. One thousand years in the future, when aliens find the e2 server in the rubble of the apocalypse, they'll boot it up and wonder why we were so preoccupied with lesbians and soy.

If you don't like it, downvote it. Oh sure, it may not impact a god's xp in the slightest, but it will affect the reputation of the wu, bringing it a bit closer to oblivion.

A warning: every so often, stuff like this crops up. Remember Everything2 is unfair to new noders? But be very careful in what you say. Stupid, bitter infighting is, IMHO, what killed h2g2. And I swear, I will not have another online community that I love go down because of it!

Peace.

Oh yes, and before I forget; I am going to Vancouver for the Radiohead concert on sunday. I was going to write about that, but now I'm tired. I'll tell you all about it when I get back.