CAUTION: This is a stream of crap, yet I must get it out.

I made a bad life decision a couple of nights ago.  I drank two pints of beer, and after that, really wanted to get home because I needed to pee and sleep.  I had work the next day and I was quite tired.  

It was bad that I had that second beer, there is no doubt of that.  I should have had only one.  In the time that I could have had another beer, I would have been sober from the first one.  I knew that I had to go home and sleep, I knew that I did not have a short drive home and I knew that I don't have a very good tolerance for alcohol.  Yet, I drove home, directly after having two beers.  

I was not drunk, I was tipsy, yet I had to concentrate to drive.  In another way, it was good that I really had to pee because that kept me on edge.  However, I could have really screwed myself up.  I could have made a wrong move and had an accident.  I could have had an accident due to compromised reflexes.  Hell, I could have died.  

None of this happened, I ended up getting home safe, but that fact does not excuse me from anything.  There is a lesson to be had here.  DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE YOU STUPID FUCKER!!!!  Make that time the first time and the last time.  

If this ever happens again, I will not have another alcoholic drink for a very long time.

To learn from one's (or another's*) mistakes, (some*)one must make a mistake first. The challenge is to identify the mistake before it happens, and then try to do the right thing. The hardest part is figuring out the right thing to do.

 

* Thank you, Glowing Fish.