Fly Me To The Moon was used for the ending credits of Neon Genesis Evangelion. There is almost a different version of the song played for each of the 26 different episodes. Personally I don't think it is as good as the opening credit music, Cruel Angel's Thesis, however it a very unusual type of song for an anime and I think it worked well.

The original anime version is sung by: CLAIRE and the arrangement was done by: Toshiyuki Oomori.

The different versions of this song that appear on the Evangelion Music OST albums (Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 1, Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 2, Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 3 and Neon Genesis Evangelion Addition) are as follows:

  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Vocalist CLAIRE) - (Length 04:33.05) - (OST 1)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Acid Bossa Version) - (Vocalist Yoko Takahashi) - (Length 03:50.37) - (OST 1)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist CLAIRE) - (Length 01:10.35) - (OST 2)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Rei(#5)TV. Size Remix Version) - (Vocalist Rei) - (Length 01:10.30) - (OST 2)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Rei(#6)TV. Size Remix Version) - (Vocalist Rei) - (Length 01:10.62) - (OST 2)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Aya Bossa Techno Version) - (Vocalist Aya) - (Length 03:52.23) - (OST 2)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Aki Jungle Version) - (Vocalist Aki) - (Length 04:34.17) - (OST 2)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Yoko Takahashi TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Yoko Takahashi) - (Length 01:10.23) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (4 BEAT TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Yoko Takahashi) - (Length 01:09.60) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Aya Bossa Techno TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Aya) - (Length 01:08.67) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Yoko Takahashi Acid Bossa TV Size Version) - (Vocalist Yoko Takahashi) - (Length 01:08.43) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (4 BEAT OFF VOCAL TV. Size Version) - (Instrumental) - (Length 01:08.57) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (OFF VOCAL TV. Size Version) - (Instrumental) - (Length 01:09.20) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Aki Jungle TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Aki) - (Length 01:08.25) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (B-22A TYPE . Size Version) - (Instrumental) - (Length 01:08.58) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Rei(#23)TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Rei) - (Length 01:10.42) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Rei(#25)TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Rei) - (Length 01:10.30) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Rei(#26)TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Rei) - (Length 01:12.23) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Aya London Beat Version) - (Vocalist Aya) - (Length 08:10.15) - (OST 3)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Misato 4 beat TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Misato) - (Length 01:32) - (Addition)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Asuka Bossa Techno TV. Size Version) - (Vocalist Asuka) - (Length 01:27) - (Addition)
  • Fly Me to the Moon: (Main Version II) - (Vocalists Misato, Rei and Asuka) - (Length 04:30) - (Addition)
The difference between Fly Me to the Moon (Rei(#5)TV. Size Remix Version) and Fly Me to the Moon (Rei(#6)TV. Size Remix Version) is that Anno Hideaki directed Megumi Hayashibara to sing as Rei Ayanami for #5 and as a "unified person of Rei and Megumi Hayashibara" for #6.