Hey everybody get in here and Look What the Cat Dragged In!

Poison is a pop/hair metal band, best known for their work during the heyday of hair metal (the late 80s). The band formed under the name Paris during 1983 in Harrisburg, PA. Origionally it was comprised of Bret Michaels (singer), Bobby Dall (bass), Matt Smith (guitar), and Rikki Rockett (drums). Before long the band changed their name to Poison and moved to LA. Matt Smith decided to move on, but before doing so helped the band find a replacement. That replacement was C.C. Deville. Poison was pretty typical of the Hair Metal scene, power ballads, girls, partying like rock stars, big hair, make up, etc.

In 1987 the band released the album Look What the Cat Dragged In. This album sold very well and gained the band a large following. From this album we get the singles "Talk Dirty to Me," "I Want Action," and "I Won't Forget You." The band toured, got on MTV, and generally increased their popularity. Then in 1988 they released Open Up and Say...Ahh! which brought with it the hit singles "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "Fallen Angel," and "Nothin' But a Good Time." The band probably hit their peak about here. 1990's release of Flesh And Blood was highly anticipated and did perform pretty well with "Unskinny Bop" and "Something to Believe In." Yes the album was a major success but it seemed the band was staring to slow down (living like a rock star has got to take a lot out of you). If I remember correctly Flesh And Blood also brought with it a rather controversial album cover that was quickly replaced. I think it had to do with the amount of skin or blood shown. (caknuck, tells me that it was actually Open Up and Say...Ahh! that got censored.)

1991 brought Swallow This Live a double disk collection of live performances and a few new tracks. But their was turmoil among the band. C.C. Deville like so many rock stars before him was having problems with drugs. He was fired and replaced by Richie Kotzen who was with the band for the recording of the disappointing 1993 release Native Tongue. Hair Metal was on its way out and grunge was over taking the industry.

Richie Kotzen was fired and replaced by Blues Saraceno and the band recorded Crack a Smile in 1995/1996. But this album wouldn't see the light of record stores until 2000, because Greatest Hits 1986-1996 was released instead. In late 1996 C.C. Deville sobered up and got off drugs. Saraceno left the band and Deville was welcomed back. Also in 2000 they released another live album called Power to the People.

The band is still together, still touring, and still recording music.

albums:
Power to the People -- Cyanide Music (2000)
Crack a Smile... And More -- Capitol Records (2000)
Native Tongue -- Capitol Records (1993)
Swallow This Live -- Capitol Records (1991)
Flesh and Blood -- Capitol Records (1990)
Open Up and Say...Ahh! -- Capitol Records (1988)
Look What the Cat Dragged In -- Capitol Records (1986)