Camping in a FPS game is a skill. Some people call it cheating, some people call it l4m3. But it's a freaking skill.

If you are complaining about somebody camping in a game it's because you are getting spanked like a 3 year old misfit by the camper.

In a FPS, most people just run around and shoot whatever moves, but the campers are the ones who like to think things through. They are playing for the tactics. Sure racking up the frags is pretty fun, but you can have more fun when you play for tactics.

Instead of rushing around, a camper full utilizes the current map's features by finding spots to scout from. Weather it be croutched in a corner or sitting on a high rock.

Snipers use camping as their main tactic. You can't go running around and using a sniper rifle close up, because most sniper rifles are only one shot and take more time to reload. You are trying to get as close to the enemy without being seen. And this can only be accomplished with camping.

Camping isn't just for Snipers, but also if you have a weapon that isn't that good for close combat or you are low on ammo, you can't just go running straight up to your enemy. You have to find a spot to camp at and pounce your enemy when they get close by.

Sure a lot of newbies like to camp, but they are just getting used to the combat. Most won't realize that the skill they are learning can be improved on in the future.

So to all you people who hate people that like to camp, quit your bitching. Maybe you should start camping and see how it can improve your game.