I shaved my head yesterday. It's something that I had had in the back of my mind for a while, but I never really considered it for real. Anyway, me and a friend of mine were sitting around our really shitty high school during lunch, bored as only you can be with nothing to do in a really shitty high school. In the name of spontaneity, I suggested we shave my head. The rest, as you can imagine, is history.

I've been attached to my hair for as long as I can remember, and the sudden realization that I was sitting in my friends kitchen wearing a towel around my waist with a half head of hair hit me in much the same manner I imagine the sudden realization that your penis was missing would hit you. It hit me hard. I was almost bald. I felt like I'd lost a loved one.

So it goes.
I've been pseudo-bald for a day or so now, and I've gotten as used to it as I can imagine i will. It's much less hassle then my hair, and it feels great with a hat. Oh, and it looks really nerdcore with a hoodie and black rimmed glasses. Shaving your head is something I believe everyone should do at least once in their life- to cleanse the spirit, if nothing else.


There was at one point much more to this writeup, concerning how to go about shaving your head... however, sideways has covered that below, rendering my wu obsolete.