• this is supposed to be my maternal grandmother's house  ·  searching all over the place to find some sanitary supplies to assemble some sort of drink? (this is the phrase that comes out of the dream, yet I'm not sure what it means, except that I am searching, and supposed to be somewhere else to do something for those in control.)

  • cups, saran wrap and other things in the room are not as clean as they need to be. I am told (or simply know) that I must clean them, thoroughly.

  • re-painting a wall. The feeling here is of the early Roman Empire  ·  (bits of BBC I, Claudius creeping in again)  ·  People are offering me money to paint walls (really more fresco painting than simple white-washing) and to do other tasks, the implication, never explicit, being that the other tasks are sexual favors of some kind. An inheritance is at stake?  ·  My grandmother must be wealthy at or near death, something she was not, in fact  ·  The colors: mixed, almost "marbled" in appearance when they appear on the wall, very messy.  ·  I make the mistake of wearing an elegant suit jacket, which gets splattered by the multi-colored paint or slurry that I am applying in an abstract manner.

  • Fear spreads to everyone I see. They will not meet my gaze.