Track 2 of Sleater-Kinney's 2000 album, All Hands On The Bad One has odd echoes of Dar Williams' The Green World. In particular, relentless cries of "What do you love?" and "What would you kill?" hearken back to Dar's "What do you love more than love?" and "On a bad day, who would you kill?" (the latter lyric is from The Green World's opening track, "Playing to the Firmament"). Still, Sleater-Kinney's punk aesthetic offers a stark contrast to the other album's folksy sensibilities. Whereas The Green World is about finding yourself---as an artist and a human soul---in a world where anything can happen, All Hands on the Bad One is a hard-rocking anthem of female independence of both the feminist and fuck-major-record-labels variety. Still, both exhort their listeners to find themselves, in a very real sense: to draw clear lines of self-definition, reject what is insignificant or harmful, and defend those boundaries by any means necessary. "Ironclad" is no exception.

Lyrics:

You went down in the very first round
Sitting ringside in a tiny town
Knock out, knock out, first round, first round!

Ooh, when you call, you will call the loudest
Ooh, when you fall, you will fall the hardest

This could be our very last stand
Monitor and Merrimac
Too bad, too bad, you're ironclad, ironclad!

Ooh, when you call, you will call the loudest
Ahh, when you fall, you will fall the hardest

Who do you love? Who do you love? Who do you love?
What would you kill, what would you kill? What would you kill?
To make a heart stand still, heart stand still, heart stand still
What would you pay, what would you pay, what would you pay?
To make the hate go away, hate go away, hate go away?

Ooh, when you call, you will call the loudest
Ooh, when you fall, you will fall the hardest

Why battle-cry dry your eyes no one can hear you
Once iron made heart or spade no one can steal you

—written and performed by Sleater-Kinney