刺身

While sashimi is often assumed to refer to only to raw fish, the literal meaning is simply "sliced meat". Non-fish types of sashimi are quite popular in Japan, especially the Tokyo classic bazashi, which is very thinly sliced frozen raw horse meat served over a bed of ice. When still frozen, it simply melts in your mouth, but if it thaws too much, it becomes a soggy, stringy, horse-flavored mess. Whale meat (which looks and tastes much more like red meat than fish) is also often eaten the same way and is known as kujirazashi.

While less often spotted on menus, pretty much any other type of meat is also considered fair game. In the West, chicken is generally not considered something you can eat raw due to the danger of salmonella, but this does not seem to be a problem in Japan and I have eaten chicken sashimi (although I can't say I like it). Bear, deer and wild boar are also eaten as sashimi. The one notable exception is pork, probably due to the fear of trichinosis, and because it tastes bad when raw.

And if all this isn't exciting enough, you could always sample some ikizukuri, which is the same as sashimi except that your meal is still alive when you eat it. (I would not recommend trying this with a cow. Or a whale, for that matter.)