I never thought it would be quite like this.

I ate my last bowl of macaroni and cheese early this morning. I looked in my cupboards, I dont have anything else left to eat. I got a phone call around midnight from a close friend, who apparently got tired of watching (or hearing about) me starving to death, so it looks like I'm going to have some groceries.

In the past 24 hours, I have logged over 8 hours of non-stop practice on my turntables. I am trying to pioneer two new genre's. In the process of going through my record box tonight, I realized that most of my music dosen't really fall into traditional "House, Trance, Breakbeat, Jungle" constraints... There's allways a cute twist to the music I play.

So I retrieved my mental fishing pole, and brainstormed and fished for nouns until I caught enough of them to munge together the name of a genre or two.

And then it made sense! What I had before me in my box could either be classified as Nintendo Breakbeat, for the obvious video-game sounding loops and hip hop style breaks, almost "Hard" (ie: hard trance, hard house), but not quite.

For the second genre, I seemed to mix quite a lot between what would be considered disco house, and... here's the quirk, jungle. Yeah! Jungle. It actually sounds really cool! So for this second genre, I decided to name it Boom Boom Narcotic Disco House, and with that, I guess I created two genre's that no one had ever heard of before. And I had a head start.

Every time I've mentioned Nintendo Breakbeat to someone today to explain the concept and my style, I'd see someone's eyes brighten and open up, and look at me and say "Wow! That's way cool!" or something of that extent. So I definitely think that if I could release a 4-5 CD set of music under this style that I could attempt to annex this corner of music kinda like how Anabolic Frolic did with the Happy to be Hardcore series.

In my time of trouble, of not having enough money for food, at least i've had musical inspiration. I can get lost in the music. I can become invisible, I can hide from the world, and I can live in that finite moment. Time slows for the duration of while I am spinning. I become one with the music. I feel so passionate about this.. I should book an event sometime soon.

I hung out with a guy named Joe from Sendmail into the wee hours of the night along with my buddy Corey. We rambled and ranted about sendmail as a potential employer, some of the things that Joe had done, some of the things that I had done (I allways love talking about the days when I worked at Hotmail and Napster.. those were the days.. *sigh*) and basicly geeked out.

I got to take a shower with my girlfriend re tonight =) She's so wonderful. I really couldn't ask for more in a girlfriend, life partner, or whatever she truely may be. I think she's an angel. She's kind, loving, sweet, adorable, open minded, a divergent thinker, passive like me, she's... she's... She's a Cancer! Enough said! It was meant to be. I am so happy that she has been staying with me lately. I need her here. She is my guardian angel. Waking up next to her is reinstilling my will to live, I feel happy, safe, reassured. I feel satisfied. That's a pleasant change. So what if the road underneath my feet is crumbling away one dirt clod at time, because re taught me something special-- without having to say or do anything. She taught me how to fly.

Anyways, it's 3:09am, I really should be getting some sleep.
I have a lot of stuff to do today, namely freaking out about not having a job. Gotta pay the bills eventually. I need to follow up with all of those people I wrote emails to last thursday. That and follow up all of my friendly employment leads. I am crossing my fingers and betting the farm on this one. I must acquire a job by wednesday, or else. I can do it. I really think I can do it. *grin* Maybe I'm not so sure on that. I have my doubts, but affirming that I can do it at least will get me in the right direction. =)

Oh, and another thing, I've been wondering... if PepsiCo had an everything2 account, and said "Be Young. Have Fun. Drink Pepsi." into the chatterbox, wouldn't that really be the literal definition of nodevertising?

I can't believe I just spent 2 hours writing 3 nodes. The crazy links this writeup should explain that.
Wow.
Sleep. Sleep now. I node in my dreams.

Ok, so I haven't slept yet... I was busy writing ghetto nostalgia... i wrote one for the homeys. Now I'm going to try sleeping for real. It's 7:12am. I can see the sun. Ugh.


Afternoon Update:
5:53pm: I was contacted via ICQ by a random stranger, after some chit chat, probing, and inquiry it turned out that he was a frequent visitor to my journal (see my homenode for more information) and that he wanted to help out with my food problems.

He lives in another state, far, far, far away, but he bought and ordered pizza for me, to be delivered to my door. Wow. When it arrived, I signed as if I was him as instructed, and took the food inside and ate.

Free pizza tastes yummy.
Pizza purchased by complete random strangers off the internet for you, delivered to your door, tastes even better.

Compassion. The chaos surrounding my life might possibly be pulling a 180, for the better-- back in the right direction. I still am unemployed, but I have leads. Is it luck?

I still haven't slept yet, so that brings my total time awake and concious (concious! ha! i am me but i am not complete) to 35 hours. I need to get sleep soon. I'm visually hallucinating out of the corner of my eyes. My stomach hurt pretty bad this morning, but after smoking two bowls of White Rhino Jr. (vitamins t, h, and c) and that solved my stomach pains.

I searched around my apartment, and managed to find my checkbook. What a relief. See, things are looking better by the minute.

Now if I could only convince my brain that getting a goods night sleep is just as important as noding, I'd be set.

Sleep. More like full body shutdown.