Huh, reading the rest of the logs, must have been some catbox stuff going on that I've missed. Knickers all in a twist, right? Me too, but I'm just generally cranky today. Why does one keep having to grow up over and over again? It is really annoying.

I just dropped the EF off at college last week, driving him and another freshman across the state. We left Tuesday afternoon, I got them dinner in Ellensburg, WA and we got to Pullman at about 11:00 pm. They both were in a joyous mood, finally leaving for college, finally free, finally GROWN UP. However, the other Young Man didn't actually know where his dorm was on campus. I had carefully not done any interfering with the EF's packing other than to say it had to fit in the car. En route I asked if the EF had brought his bike lock. "Uh, no." "Your helmet?" "Uh, DAMN!" We took the EF to his dorm and asked where the other dorm was. Found it and unloaded them both. I went to a motel, but they were full. Having anticipated this and too lazy to reserve one ahead of time, I slept reasonably well in the back of the station wagon in my sleeping bag. A gas station across the street provided bathroom and tooth brushing. In the morning I found the other boy's wallet in the back seat. I was meeting the EF to go to the financial aid office with him, and we returned the wallet as well.

It just seems funny and ironic to see them feeling that they are finally grown up, and at the same time spending a stupid amount of time thinking about intimacy and wishing that I felt grown up. No, not sexual intimacy, but what is grown up emotional intimacy? I think it's funny that over and over in our lives we have to learn new things and grow up another part of ourselves. I wrote about it yesterday and am back out of feeling satisfied, am back in my grumpy crucible. Now I'm going running, maybe I can run my grumpiness off. Or perhaps I could write a factual node, that would be a challenge. Oh, I need to go to work too. Damn.

Happy days all.