(as usual, this is vegan)

sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons ketchup (anthropod suggests, substitute tamarind)
1 tablespoon unrefined sugar (turbinado)
1/4 cup soy sauce (fish sauce)

3/4 pound mung bean sprouts
6 ounces rice noodles
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon red chili (minced) or 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper
2 cups carrots (grated)
2/3 cup peanuts (chopped)
1 cup scallions (chopped)

Before cooking, it is important to prepare all of your ingredients. Chop everything up and have it ready so that it can go in at just the right moment, it will make this much easier.

Mix the sauce ingredients together, you may wish to vary the proportions to your individual taste.

If it is possible, try to have the noodles cooking concurrently while you are putting all the rest of this together, otherwise just cook them after all the other ingredients have been prepared and try not to let them sit around too long. Bring water to a boil and cook the noodles for 5-10 minutes until tender but firm. Drain them and then rinse and let sit in cold water.

In a large wok (operating at medium to high temperature) : heat the oil and add in the garlic, chilli, and ginger. Stir this around for a couple minutes, then add the tofu and continue to stir somewhat frequently until it begins to brown lightly. Now add the carrots and continue to stir. After a few more minutes add in the noodles and sprouts. Stir. Add in the peanuts and scallions, stir more and then serve.

This ought to yield enough to feed three people, but if they are very hungry people and wish to be so full they cannot walk, then double the recipe.