I recently did this very thing, except it was a Burger King Big Kids meal. A month or two back, they started giving out Dragonball Z toys to advertise for the US release of Coola's Revenge (Cooler's Revenge in the US, by an odd application of inconsistent logic, but that's a discussion for another node). Generally I don't go to fast food places, and prior to this incident it had probably been at least 10 or 12 years since I had a kids meal at one, so it seemed like it might be a bit awkward.

Anyway, it turned out to be pretty easy, the key is this: go with some other people you know who also want that toy. It could be problematic, depending on what toy it is, how many friends you have, etc. But it really is fun that way.

We made it a (short-lived) tradition to go out every Friday night and get a Big Kids meal (and possibly an additional Whopper if we were hungry). Afterwards, we would go out and smoke in the parking lot, and then go get loaded at some dive. My friend Lucianne would sometimes grab one of those paper crowns that BK has, and loudly proclaim herself the "Queen of Burgaria". I'm pretty sure the people working there thought we were weird.

I think I would have been too embarrassed to go by myself, but with 2 other like-minded people, it turned out to be a really good time. We still have the toys, too, though I'm annoyed that we never got Goku.