rusnovn says that Discordianism "is a tedious, moronic joke that's been repeated so often it makes Douglas Adams seem fresh in comparison."

Discordianism isn't anything bar whatever people decide to make of the damn thing, which is part of what makes it so amusing. It's an excuse for insanity (not that we need an excuse), but more than that it's just the framework of a joke.

Discordianism is, indeed, a joke, and utterly pointless... but don't knock it. The whole point of it is FUN. It preaches non-conformity, and then everyone who's actually in on it is really conforming to some silly standard - I've heard that too.

The simple answer is... who cares? Again, it's about FUN. So our 'religion' contradicts itself in a myriad of ways - all the more headaches to people who want to try thinking it through. It's not MEANT to be thought through. So it's an old and stale joke to you. That's fine... but We Find It Funny. People have different senses of humour. If you don't get it, we can't explain it.

Besides... can we not laugh at a joke, old and stale as you may consider it? I thought the Principia Discordia was a fun read.

I'm sure that most every other Discordian around has some other viewpoint, too. Not that anyone cares, least of all me, but I don't mind hearing them at all... It's something to do.

In any event, a Discordian is anyone who wants to call themselves Discordian. Well, and quite a few other people besides, but we won't go there...

Hail Eris, Hail Bob, Hail Me, Hail You, Hail Why, Hail Because, All Hail Corn Flakes. Huuuungry...