This is another review of the book No Logo by Naomi Klein

Most of the things azure83 said about No Logo are true. It is a well written, cool and thoroughly researched book about global capitalism, branding and living in the times of the logo. Klein brings culture critique, anti-capitalist critique against transnational corporations, human rights and ecological concerns together and shows that there is indeed a global movement against globalism.

But I have to disagree with azure83 where s/he compares No Logo with The Capital or The Bible. It's neither the first book to bring consumer activism and capitalism in an economic and historic perspective. Rather, it's the first well-written, popular book binding together the big problems of our times and linking them to a common source, going into the best-seller lists that way. (Or to put it more provcative: It's the first anti-global capitalism book published by a major transnational media corporation)

I think, everybody should read No Logo - it's witty, convincing and helps you to buy with some knowledge what you're doing. But if it will become the cornerstone of a new, emerging movement - or only a good book: that has yet to be decided.