I keep meaning to come back here and work on nodes, but the book has been eating all the time not devoted to stuff like work, sleep, trying not to eat myself to death, and other stuff at the base of Maslow's Pyramid. The work is part-time, three/four days a week for H&R Block, and it's mostly Audit Service stuff, helping clients deal with letters from the IRS or some state tax agency. Off-season work doesn't pay any commission, but that's all right; the hourly wage is enough to help pad out my disability checks so I'm not living so close to the financial edge after the middle of the month.

As for the book, some of it will be familiar to folks who have been following me here, and some will not, since it is drawn from LiveJournal posts dating back to 2004. So far it has a single five-star review on Amazon, a very enthusiastic review from Stacy McCain, and people who haven't finished it yet tell me they like what they've seen so far. So they got their two dollars worth, and this pleases me.

I'm planning on cranking out another book through Amazon this December (hopefully in time for Christmas) which will be the nodes from Sixteen Years Before The Antenna Mast fleshed out with enough additional material to make it worth three bucks and maybe even a spiffy cover. It'll have a different title, too. We'll see if my editrix and I can make it happen in time.

Aside from the shameless capitalism, I'm doing okay. Peeling off the weight I allowed myself to tack on after the trips to Portland and Las Vegas, keeping the blood sugar down, waiting for the leg wounds to heal. Keeps a man busy.