Well now, this is really a day log, but I feel kind of dreamy (ooh that yam.. she's dreamy) today owing to a mild sleep deficit. I'll stick a dream at the end for your edification & stupefaction.

I wrote a big-ass three hour exam today. The canadian securities course. Lordy, expect a series of nodes on canadian fixed income securities soon; I'm just a burstin' with trivia. (and isn't that how we love it?) I was so well behaved. I proofread, even. My vague stares at the proctor weren't openly hostile. I had a compliant calculator. (pat, pat.)

I feel out of phase. I slept only a little last night - I can never study more than 40% of the material for any given exam until the night before, tragically. One day it'll do me in, but my little brain so far can handle the ambitiousness or lack thereof of the wanker courses I take. Anyhow, it's the morning and the evening and the night all at once now. The weather obliges me: ambiguous grey.

Yesterday I had a wundermeal with p_i at a local restaurant called monsoon. If you're ever in town, eat there. This brings me to the actual dream, I think from last weekend, because monsoon rhymes with bassoon:

I was me sometimes, and sometimes a doppelganger of a (male) friend of mine, only slightly blonder. I/people were driving around town. A convenience store was involved. At some point I had very passionate sex with a female friend of mine .. I can't remember if I thought I was male or female at this point, but I suppose that's a moot point, really. Anyhow, in the middle of all this, we were in someone's basement having a musical instrument swap meet. It was exciting, but I was always a little disappointed: I had a bassoon-scooter (it wasn't actually a bassoon, but I thought to myself it's a bassoon. it was silver and rather like a trombone that was stretched and bent at a right angle to make an L shape. there were wheels, it was like one of those trendy cute-scooters all the kids have. (I feel so edgy saying the kids. I'm twenty.. maybe I'm old enough to get away with it.)), and only one other boy had one, so we were always just swapping back and forth, nothing novel, really. At some point our host started smoking something narcotic. His father was also in the room, doing paperwork in a corner and smoking a cigar. I knew somehow he would be very angry as soon as he perceived our swap meet - so far it had escaped his view somehow.

...

I have choir tonight. Ohhhhh, singing is back with me! I am so happy. I am unspeakably happy. I am almost unsingably happy.

I have a new job. The day after I left my old job, the firm was shut down. Eerie. I'd be more intrigued/creeped out by it if I wasn't busy being pissed off about them bouncing my last paycheque. Sigh. Thank god for credit, but..

...

It's getting darker in the world. I feel prepared to fly out at it and glide through the long autumn night. Bring it on. The year wanes and luck modifiers drop...

and werewolves come out!