A tragically underappreciated album by Jeff Beck, and one of the most important seminal works of heavy metal and hard rock. Released in 1968. Along with some Led Zeppelin and Cream (all ex-Yardbirds, fancy that!), it represents the increasingly tenuous link between blues and heavy metal. Even if the music on Truth weren't so stunningly good, the album would be notable for the number of rock and roll gods that appear on it. If you're impressed by the credits on the album cover:

wait'll you hear the full list of notables who played: And without further ado, the track list, with Beck's comments from the liner notes:
  1. Shapes of Things (3:17) - Rearranged, but the same Yardbirds hit. This must be played at maximum volume whatever phonograph you use. Makes very appropriate background music if you have the Vicar for tea.
  2. Let Me Love You (4:41) - Heavy number, tambourine played divinely by Micky Waller. Written partly by me and partly by anoter geezer. Multipurpose tune.
  3. Morning Dew (4:38) - Everyone knows Tim does this wonderfully, but so do we.
  4. You Shook Me (2:28) - Probably the rudest sounds ever recorded, intended for listening to whilst angry or stoned. Last note of song is my guitar being sick - well so would you be if I smashed your guts for 2:28
  5. Ol' Man River (3:55) - Arranged by me, but credit must to to all, everyone was super especially Rod Stewart. Again played loudly gives maximum value.
  6. Greensleeves (1:47) - (Aye that's a lovely "toon") Played on Mickie Most's guitar which by the way is the same as Elvis'
  7. Rock my Plimsoul (4:11) - Rerecorded flipside of "Tally Man" much better feel and more spontaneity than the original.
  8. Beck's Bolero (2:51) - Not much to say about this, excuse same track on here as on the "Silver Lining" B side, but we couldn't improve on it.
  9. Blues Deluxe (7:30) - Thanks to Bert and Stan, we were able to give you a perfect example of "live" blues music that we sometimes give forth, and please let's own up about the piano solo.
  10. I Ain't Superstitious (4:51) - Stolen riff from old "Howlin' Wolf" tune, but he doesn't mind because I asked him. This number is more or less an excuse for being flash on guitar.

A few notes I've managed to dredge up: The "geezer" who wrote Let Me Love you was "J. Rod", I dunno who that is. The recording on Led Zeppelin I of You Shook Me was done very shortly after the one on Truth, which Jimmy Page sat in on. Beck's Bolero was written by Jimmy Page, and features all of Beck, Page, Keith Moon, John Paul Jones, and Nicky Hopkins - oh, to be a fly on the wall at THAT recording session! The drum part was inspired by Ravel's Bolero. Blues Deluxe is not live at all - the applause was recorded at a Beatles concert.