I tried.

"Everything you know is wrong" is a 1974 album by comedy troupe The Firesign Theatre, based around the idea of alien visitors. It is a 40 minute album, featuring the four members of The Firesign Theatre acting out different roles, over a constantly-changing background of incidental music and sound effects. The album doesn't have specific episodes as such, but seems to change focus from time to time.

I had heard of The Firesign Theatre as being an important part of the counterculture of the late 1960s and 1970s, and I thought I would at least check it out. (Especially because I got this record from the dollar bin.) I listened and...well, "counter cultural humor" is often the same as stoner humor and this album seemed to be so intricately filled with in-jokes and surreal humor that I couldn't really keep track of what was going on. Every once in a while I caught a topical allusion, such as the US military's reaction to aliens, and there was also a lot of weird sound effects like vocoder voices, that were probably innovative at the time, but are now things anyone could do.

I might be missing the point, and perhaps I would have to spend hours in a cannabis-infused state of ultra-concentration, but rather than seeming like ground-breaking humor, this seemed like noodling to me.