I didn't know Hermetic at all. If you had asked me yesterday, "Hey, is there a noder named Hermetic?" I would have replied, "I dunno. Probably."

It seems like the consensus in the chatterbox is that he committed suicide. I don't know if that's true or not. I rather hope it isn't, not because I think he's assured damnation or something, but because I don't like suicide in general. It's his right - it's everyone's ultimate right, I suppose. Still, it's my belief that there's always something to live for, even if it's just to see what the next day will bring.

Work is slow and boring, as usual. It's not as bad, though, as it could be. A customer is trying to get his laptop modem to work with his cell phone, and he's using a 3Com cable with a generic PCMCIA modem. I updated the drivers on the modem, which didn't do any good, so I'm going to post to a.c, probably, and see if anyone knows anything there.

One of these days I'm going to post an updated w/u on Brak Presents The Brak Show Starring Brak. I've been watching it for the past two weeks on Cartoon Network, and the format is fairly clear. Otherwise, I haven't noded much. Writeups on a couple of Nick Cave songs detailing (briefly) their inspirations, and then my w/u on Necronomicon.

I feel like I'm just killing time until the move. 9 months is a lot of time to kill. There are days at work when I'm more productive than others - I'm trying not to slip too deeply into apathy, but it's tough. I'm tired of being, as someone in this daylog puts it, a "technical support goon".

On the tech issue, Akos Maroy released a new version of Darkice, a program to feed Shoutcast/IceCast servers. Now it supports Shoutcast, so I'll be trying it out soon. The cool thing is that I e-mailed him asking if Darkice had Shoutcast support, and that's what prompted him to add it. I feel special. :)

The big news is that I got back in touch with my oldest friend (I've known him since I was 5, and I'm 25 now,) Lucas. He used to own a game shop, but he was getting undercut by upstart shops nearby, and so he sold the shop and went to work as a graphic designer. Which is very cool, as he had always been an artist.