Good afternoon...

14:15

Well, this morning I got rid of yet another thing I never bothered to update on my home page: My link page. Instead, I downloaded bk2site and messed my bookmark file to a neater form (also doing some cleanup of it just to stay neat). It's way cool, and spared my coding fingers from another huge salvo of Perl. Plus, at least it's now pretty damn easy to maintain it! =)

The new linksite is called "Aroo!", in honor of the first web directory I used and what I no longer use because Open Directory is so much cooler.

About the recent stuff about backing up nodes: Since Everything core can export its database in XML format, or so I've heard, would it be possible for the E2 core to make monthly/every-other-monthly/quarteryearly XML dump of the user's nodes available for FTP, just for that user? For example, if it'd be quarteryearly, I guess the dumping process could be balanced so that different users would get the dumps at different parts of the year and the E2 machines wouldn't be seriously bogged down during dumps =)

Oh yeah: I almost forgot to see the new pix in VCL yesterday... 16 pages of new images, dammit, the artists keep their pace even during the summer. =)

19:51

I made a simple tank picture with Blender. I'll then save it in VideoScape format and see if I'll some day manage to code a loader... Just got to learn some OpenGL someday, dammit...

I also tried mucking around with the Blender's Radiosity and environment mapping but I still just don't understand how to do them. Hmph. I even read the manual page but I still don't get it.

Sometimes I'm so stupid I wish to die...

01:40

Forrest Gump was on TV, but I didn't see it completely. I couldn't get xawtv to work, and my TV is located very conviniently behind my back. =( xawtv complained about lack of frame buffer, so I decided to get Linux 2.2.17. And the damn thing had framebuffer support for my ATI Rage 128, but infortunately it didn't compile. I hate it when this happens...

This part of writeup was written with Lynx using XEmacs, BTW. Nice to see that Everything works nicely with Lynx, thought it could be a bit better. But it works for me. =)

Oh yeah, Linux seems to support your plain old fashioned C64 joysticks. Yay!


Other day logs o' mine...