Bexxta's Quick & Easy Fresh Ginger Tea

Fresh ginger makes a wonderful hot beverage, and has been used throughout history due to its many medicinal properties. This tea is not only tasty, but is also great for the flu, travel sickness, motion sickness, flatulence, morning sickness, stomach cramps, and migraine headaches. Ginger tea also aids digestion when drunk after a meal, is effective in relieving nausea, and a wonderful hangover cure. Believe me! It works!! You will also find that if you consume ginger regularly it is has the amazing ability to improve general health and well-being by strengthening the immune system.

The wonderful thing about my version of fresh ginger tea is that it's very quick and simple to make. Also because it uses pieces of ginger root, it does not need straining.

  • 1 Ginger root
  • Boiling water
  • Lemon (optional)
  • Honey (optional)
  • Cayenne pepper (optional)

Peel, and cut into pieces enough ginger to cover the base of your cup/mug. (After doing this a few times you will learn to know exactly how much ginger you'll need. Do not peel more than you need, as ginger will last longer when left in its natural state i.e. unpeeled) Pour freshly boiled water into the cup over the ginger. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and it's ready. See?! I told you it was quick and easy! Add a teaspoon of honey, sprinkle of cayenne pepper, or squeeze of lemon to taste. (Personally I love the taste of ginger alone and usually only add a small sprinkle of cayenne pepper* for it's medicinal qualities.) Drink. Enjoy.

*I know from experience that cayenne pepper does not readily dissolve in water. If you drink your tea slowly you may wish to give it a quick stir every 5 minutes or so in order to disperse the pepper through the liquid… You may otherwise encounter its rather strong taste upon drinking the final few sips of your tea.