I was driving on an entrance ramp to a highway. It was raining heavily and mud was everywhere. Lots of people were getting stuck and others were driving off-road around them, trying to reach the highway.

Suddenly, a flock of police cars showed up and pulled everyone over. We were taken to a warehouse where the police started lecturing us about staying on the road and obeying all traffic regulations. There were lots of motorists milling about, not really paying attention to the lecture and just waiting to get their tickets so they could get on with their lives. I was one of those people.

As I wandered from the warehouse to the parking lot outside, I saw two gang-members (apparently also stopped by the police) enter the warehouse carrying big guns. I quickly left the parking lot and went into the park outside.

There were gang-members in the park too - and they knew I was a witness, but there were also a lot of people cooking BBQ and playing soccer, so I thought I'd be safe there. If they came after me in such a crowd, there would be too many witnesses to deal with.

Soon after, I heard many bursts of machine-gun fire coming from the warehouse. Did they kill just the police? Or did they kill the motorists too, so as not to leave any witnesses? I didn't want to go back and find out.

I wondered how I would get home, since the gang-members still controlled the warehouse and probably the parking lot around it. As I was calling my family, I tried to move to an angle where I could get a look at the parking lot to see if the coast was clear.

I thought maybe I'll take a bus home today and come back for my car tomorrow.

Then I woke up.