There are lots of bands jumping on the pop punk bandwagon alright... and along with that, comes lots and lots of people who diss them because they think "they're not true punk". Come on, get a grip: if you consider the Sex Pistols was a publicity stunt for Malcolm McLaren's clothes store (named Sex, hence the name Sex Pistols), who gathered four or so guys who had questionable musical skills (I don't care if it's necessary in punk rock or not, it's just the ideology since that's what's most people are looking for)... you can't really say there is such a thing like "punk was always meant to be underground". McLaren's antics grabbed the attention of the media just like a pot of honey attracted bugs.

Surely enough, it was good to showcase a new look and style on rock music. But revolutionary and underground it wasn't. You see, I'm living proof: when I was younger, I used to like Green Day. Then I got a bit annoyed of all the they-are-not-punk thing, and ended up trading their CDs. Today I think they're pretty good musicians who never needed to live under the shadow of previous punk rockers. Lots of people end up missing out on fairly good music because of racehorse ideologies. You know, when they put on those stuff to cover the horses' lateral view... they only see one way. And don't give me that "yeah, but they only look frontwards" crap...