I set an alarm twice last night, to wake up and see the super blood wolf moon. Does sound like a story, doesn't it?

My daughter comes down from Bellingham, from WWU, for the weekend. We walked miles of beach and the eagles are out. We see at least three and maybe five. We see an adult and a juvenile in a tree, with the juvenile looking amazingly gangly and scruffy. Perhaps all the young feathers are about to be replaced. It looked like a grumpy teen, feather acne. At the same time I spotted a silhouette and my camera zoom confirms. Another juvenile. Two other adults are seen, but not at the same time, flying and in another tree.

We talk about Myers Briggs testing. She tested one way the first time. She got skeptical and retested. Apparently she's been different every time, depending on her mood, except for the J part. That stays the same. "You must be well balanced," I say.

"It's not a LITTLE different. I can test at either end of the introvert/extrovert scale, or the intuitive/sensing scale."

I laugh. "Well, they are preferences. We do all have all eight modes." I have never retested.

"It depends on my mood."

Sunday she has ferry reservations. We got on the ferry. We drive up to Deception Pass and hike for about an hour. Back in the car and to the Bellingham food co-op. Groceries for her. I take her to her house, we unload. Back in the car and I catch the 6 pm ferry back.

I set my alarm for 8:35, to watch the eclipse become complete. Light clouds, but mostly the moon is clear. Truly reddish. I go back to sleep and get up at 9:08. The peak of the eclipse is at 9:12. I used up my camera memory at Deception Pass. I take some pictures with my cell phone. At 9:12 the moon really does come out red on my camera. Changes by 9:16.