Posted this Setting Orange, the 60th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3190


Discordian Saturday. Or Friday. Or, maybe, Thursday. Fnord.


"Does Setting Orange have the Eris-nature?"#koan
-- Apostle Hung Mung, Omnia Discordia


A day in the Discordian calendar when nothing particularly remarkable occurs, created by some followers of Eris and observed by others since. Considered the bestest day ever to receive a Distinguished Award for Significant Nonhappenings.

Setting Orange is the fifth, and thus most relevant, day of the Discordian week and is associated with the apostle Hung Mung; the element, and color, orange; the vowels a, e, i, and o00001; the numbers 12 and 5 (Isn't everything?); but neither burnt orange nor safety orange. Balge yellow is right out. Having a three-day work week (Boomtime, Pungenday, & Prickle-Prickle), and a two-day weekend (Sweetmorn & Setting Orange),00002, gives Discordianism an alternate and nonconventional perspective on the concept of timekeeping, amongst other things.

Hail Eris, all hail Discordia, Goddess of the Days!

00001No one knows where you went. Others just ask, why?
00002Although there is some well-founded debate and discussion between several cabals as to which are weekdays and which are weekends, not to mention the whole work thing. Have a nice day.

Omnia Discordia