Addendum:

I do not understand your mood swings. While I may know the pattern of your menstrual cycle, I may or may not be ready to deal with them. I try to make you feel good. When I fail, it may depress me, which will make us both feel bad.
I want to know how you feel, but I have a hard time expressing that. I try to hide my insecurity about this, and get defensive when you ask pointed questions along those lines.
When you feel good about yourself, I feel good, too. When you obsess about your appearance, it makes me crazy! Don't you know it doesn't matter, when I'm in love with you?
I don't like shopping for clothes. If it's in my style, and it fits, that's all I care about. If you need me along when you go shopping, please let me hang out in Hardware, Sporting Goods, or Electronics. I'll be happier.
I don't want to be with you all the time. I'm sorry if this truth hurts, but sometimes I need to just be with my buddies, or by myself. Don't take this as a rejection of you... it isn't meant that way.
If something I do upsets you, tell me. I'm not telepathic. Please don't take it out on my toys.
Speaking of toys, I need my toys. Whether it's a powerful computer, or a rockin' stereo, or a hopped-up car, these things are important to my self-identity.
I like looking at other women. Please don't take this as an indication that I think there's anything wrong with you... I just have an appreciation for the female form. Perhaps I have fantasies about the women I see, but I chose you. The fantasies may even make me give you a more vigorous session of love-making.
I am fallible. Please don't store away my little mistakes in long-term memory to use against me later. You make mistakes too, but I don't drag them up when it's convenient.

I try to show you how much you mean to me. Give me a chance, and I'll give you the stars.