The X-files

Eve
Episode: 1X10
First aired: 12/10/93
Written by: Kenneth Biller and Chris Brancato
Directed by: Fred Gerber

Mulder and Scully investigate when a man named Joel Simmons is found dead in his backyard, his body drained of blood, and his face disfigured.
Mulder at first links the incident to mysterious cattle mutilations that have occurred in the United States since 1967.

Mulder and Scully interview the 8 year old daughter of Simmons, Teena, who was home when her dad was killed. Teena describes how "men from the clouds" were after her father.

Soon they hear of another incident, almost identical in nature, involving a man named Doug Reardon. Mulder and Scully are shocked when they meet Reardon's daughter, Cindy, who appears to be identical to Teena.

Meanwhile Teena seems to have been kidnapped from the foster home she was at.

Scully finds that Mrs. Reardon had had in-vitro fertilization at a clinic in San Fransico, and that tampering with the genetics may have happened.

Deep Throat contacts Mulder. He reveals the existence of a top secret program called the "Litchfield Experiment," in which a group of genetically controlled children were raised and monitored. The children were called "Adam" and "Eve".

Mulder and Scully track one girl, dubbed "Eve Six" to a mental institution who looks exactly like Sally Kendrick, a women who worked in the fertilization lab. This Eve admits that two other Eves besides herself are still alive.

Mulder and Scully realize that the experiments were still going on and Kendrick was cloning herself. Meanwhile Cindy is also kidnapped by an Eve. She takes the girl to a motel and introduces her to Teena. Both little girls knew of the other's existence and have a connection between the two to know when to kill their fathers.
The older Eve wants to protect the two girls so they wont suffer the same mental disorder that all the rest of the Eves have. However, the two girls poison her drink.

Mulder and Scully find the two girls crying about an Eve coming and killing the Eve that took them.

They take the two girls in their car and stop to use the rest room and get a soda. Mulder orders 4 sodas, 2 diet for himself and Scully. While he is not looking one of the girls comes out and poisons the two diet sodas. Mulder realizes the drinks have been tampered with and stops Scully from drinking her soda. The girls, realizing that their plan has been discovered run away and hide in the dark parking lot. Mulder grabs them but they scream for help and a trucker gets them away from Mulder. The girls run away but Mulder and Scully find them hiding in a boat.

We see the girls in separate cells next to another Eve.

Important Quotes: Scully -- "Death by hypovolaemia. 95% blood loss. That's over 4 liters of blood."
Mulder -- "I'd say the man was running on empty."

Scully -- "Mulder, you're rushing me out of the room."
Mulder -- "No, I'm not."
Scully -- "You got a girl coming over?"
Mulder -- "What's a girl?"

Previous Episode|Next Episode

Back to The X-files: Season 1