[ Dream Log ]

12:27

(Happy b-day, nine9! =)

Last couple of days were mostly uneventful.

For couple of times now, I've seen Linux getting to edge of reboot. Yesteday, I actually needed to reboot. Apparently Mozilla 0.9.1 has a major memory leak somewhere and it ate all of my memory (128 megs physical, about 130 megs swap). Linux doesn't like "out of memory" conditions. Last night, I needed to reboot because my fingers slipped and did Magic SysRq trick with key l, not k. (K = fry whatever's running on the console - in my case, wdm. L = kill every process with extreme force, including init.)

Yesterday, I mostly hunted for WinAmp skins (for use with xmms). I found some really cool skins from winamp.com... oh, and I finally found the skin I was looking for, called "VT100 Amp - The Hacker's Choice". Guess what it looks like =)

Anyway, bye bye, uptime record...

On the upside, I actually was able to read some lost MPEG clips from VideoCD! Linux refused to do that (whined about I/O errors) but Win98 was actually able to help.

I think I need to try Black & White and Baldur's Gate with the EAX now... Let's see if it can beat A3D on two speakers or headphones (I've been told it can't).

13:22

Slashdot speaks of size of Linux kernel and utilities?

And just last night, I thought of how hard it would be to build a different operating system atop Linux kernel (Instead of making kernel to start /sbin/init, it would run some other binary instead to handle stuff...)

21:57

I ordered a new cover for my Palm m100... I hope this one is indestructible enough, at least the description seemed to hint that way =)


Other day logs o' mine...

Late news: (All "late news" for a longish time...) Osborne 1 cc65 Sound Blaster Live! Smart Tags VFAT cluster BananaQuest Star Wreck Pokemon Red & Blue Pokemon Stadium Super Gameboy Lugia

Noded today by y.t.: Dream Log: June 21, 2001 Pokeball

Updated: Some. And: NoCeM (sacrilegious Nov13 writeup update!)

(Seems that I've broken something. The 10000 XP mark. Oh, the irrelevancy of the world! Vanity of vanities! The only good thing is that I finally could spell "Ecclesiastes" correctly =)...)