The Surgery

And as I cruelly dangled the creature's entrails inches above it, and played them about in its face, it made a ghastly roar, evoking images of tortured spirits and cornered beasts.

The screws were loosened, but the pickguard stayed in place, bound in its seat by the tight strings. I fixed a wary gaze on the strings tuned to D, A, F, C, G, and D in sequence. Dare I loosen them, and endanger the fragile situation of the neck? Dare I did. Gradually, I pulled the entrails from the body, and loosened the strings enough to allow it freedom.

Success eventually came, with the creature stripped of all its insides, hanging by a tether. The pickguard came out without my having to remove the strings. I wondered what a Stratocaster would sound like if i scraped the bottom of the pickups against the strings, with the amp on and the distortion on. The normal buzzing got way worse, so I rolled back the tone knobs to cure it a bit. And as I cruelly dangled the creature's entrails inches above it, and played them about in its face, it made a ghastly roar, evoking images of tortured spirits and cornered beasts. That noise was awesome! With the distortion it sounded like some kind of dying monster! Anyway, that was my fun.